The School of Dental Medicine is a nationally recognized center for dental research. Students who take advantage of research opportunities become far more knowledgeable of their profession regardless of whether or not they choose a career in dental research.
Participation in research:
Identify and contact mentor (be persisitent)
Write a research proposal with that individual
- Attain IACUC or IRB approval if needed
Submit proposal for reveiew (success greater than 90%)
Spend 5/6 weeks* doing summer research
- wet lab or clinical data analyses
- attend weekly research seminar (every Tuesday)
- present work at biomedical research retreat (end of summer)
- encouraged to present at dental research symposium (following spring)
- encouraged to present at scientific meetings (AADR, AAO, AAP)*
Student and Mentor Assurances: This required form will be sent to all students and mentors who submitted a Letter of Intent.