- As a UB SDM student, you are becoming part of one of the nation's premier institutions for dental education, research and patient care.
- The University at Buffalo is home to one of the most comprehensive Academic Health Centers in the nation, comprising our Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Nursing, Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Public Health and Health Professions.
- The mission of the AHC is to provide a superb research and educational environment to foster basic discovery in the biosciences, health-sciences translational research, preventive and interventional clinical trials, superb clinical care, and training of the next generation of health care practitioners in these disciplines.
- This is an exciting time to be a part of the School of Dental Medicine and the field of dentistry. The links between oral and systemic disease are a primary research focus, creating new understanding for both practitioners and patients alike. Greater emphasis is being placed upon the integration of oral health professionals into comprehensive health care. UB SDM is leading the way in innovation and defining excellence in these emerging aspects of dentistry.
- On behalf of the faculty, staff, students, and alumni, we congratulate you on your decision to pursue your dental education at the UB School of Dental Medicine. We pledge to provide you with the tools to become an excellent dental practitioner and the best educational, research, and patient-care facilities to assist you in advancing your career in dentistry.
Stephen N. Abel, DDS, MSD
Associate Dean for Students, Community and Professional Initiatives