Name Change

Current and former students may have need to change the name associated with their academic record to reflect accurately the name by which they are known in the larger world.  Typical reasons for a name change include marriage, divorce, naturalization, use of a variation of the name, etc.

If you need to change your name, the University at Buffalo must change all of your records to reflect your new name.  After we do that, your UB financial records, your future academic transcripts, and your future diploma will carry only your new name.

In order to change your name, you will need to complete a Student Name Change form available at:

If you want to request a diploma with your new name, please visit this site:

Diploma Order and Payment (Credential Request)

Under Available Products, please select Professional Diploma.  Your diploma will be printed with your new name and sent to you directly.