BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Members of the UB community are invited to donate school supplies to benefit students in pre-kindergarten through grade 8 in the Buffalo Niagara region.
The popular annual initiative, supported by more than 40 departments throughout the university, collects more than 17,000 items, which will be distributed to Buffalo students in September.
Suggested items are:
Tissues; disinfecting wipes and other cleaning supplies; large book bags; plastic-coated folders; crayons, colored pencils and lead pencils; composition notebooks; scissors; glue sticks and bottles of glue; hand sanitizer; gallon-size plastic bags; pocket folders; wipe-off markers; earphones; pink erasers; rulers; different color highlighters; index cards; clipboards; folders with prongs; hand soap; notebook paper; basic calculators; 1.2-2 inch binders; packs of dividers; pencil sharpeners; pocket dictionaries; container for supplies; pens; removable drives; organizers/planners; graphing calculators; and scientific calculators.
The supplies will be distributed to students at the Futures Academy, Buffalo School Bilingual Center, Highgate Heights Elementary School, Westminster Community Charter School, Southside Elementary School, UB’s Educational Opportunity Center and the Dr. Antonia Pantoja Community School.
Items may be dropped off at locations on the UB North, South and Downtown campuses. The last day to donate is Aug. 31. For more information, visit http://www.buffalo.edu/community/events/school-supply-drive.html or contact Community Relations at 829-3099.
- Baird Research Park: Business and Entrepreneur Partnerships, 1576 Sweet Home Rd., Amherst.
- Baldy Hall: School of Social Work, 685 Baldy Hall.
- Capen Hall: Office of the President; Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; International Education; Honors College; Office of the Registrar; Graduate Education; Undergraduate Libraries (Silverman Library); Institutional Analysis,; Professional Staff Senate; Career Services, fourth and fifth floor lobbies.
- Center for the Arts: Atrium lobby.
- Center for Tomorrow: lobby.
- Crofts Hall: Procurement Services; Human Resources, Customer Service, Organizational Development and Training; Communications; Crofts Hall lobby.
- Ellicott Complex: Parking & Transportation, 102 Spaulding Quad; Office of Financial Aid, 122 Porter Quad.
- Jacobs Hall: School of Management, 160 Jacobs.
- Lockwood Library: University Libraries, Network and Classroom Services, second floor circulation area.
- O’Brian Hall: Law School, faculty lounge.
- Park Hall: College of Arts and Sciences, 207A Park.
- Spaulding Quad: Data Analytics, Room 102.
- Student Union: Office of Student Engagement, 235 Student Union; Intercultural Diversity Center, 240 Student Union; Student Life, 150 Student Union.
- The Commons, Technology Transfer, Suite 109.
- Abbot Hall: Health Sciences Library, first floor circulation area.
- Farber Hall: Department of Biochemistry, 140 Farber.
- Harriman Hall: Financial Aid, 104 Harriman Hall.
- Hayes Hall: School of Architecture and Planning, 121 Hayes.
- Kimball Tower: University Development and School of Public Health and Health Professions, first floor lobby.
- Michael Hall: Student Health and Wellness, clinic library.
- Parker Hall: Community Relations, 120 Parker.
- Wende Hall: School of Nursing, 201 Wende.
- Downtown Gateway – Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership, 77 Goodell St., Suite 201.
- Educational Opportunity Center: Alumni Affairs and Student Development, 555 Ellicott St.
- New York State Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences, 701 Ellicott St., first floor lobby and reception area.