Beautiful Buffalo Niagara
America’s Best Planned City
Pronounced “the best planned city in America” by Frederick Law Olmsted, and often billed as the “20-minute city” for its easy accessibility, Buffalo’s world-class design makes getting around a snap.
Forbes magazine declared Buffalo the “best U.S. city” for commuting.
In fact, Buffalo’s average commute time—it has been clocked at 20 minutes—is the second-shortest of the country’s 52 largest cities.
That translates to an enhanced quality of life for our faculty, staff and students, who enjoy stress-free travel regardless of where they’re headed around the region.
Buffalo’s Metro Bus provides quick, economical service throughout the city and suburbs.
The Metro Rail line connects UB’s South Campus with downtown Buffalo, including UB’s Downtown Campus, and the neighborhoods in between. Rides above ground are free in downtown Buffalo. UB employees who are regular commuters might wish to take advantage of the NYS-Ride program that allows pre-tax dollars to be used for monthly passes.
Need a Ride?
- Free campus busing and shuttles that make it easy to get around on campus and in between campuses
- Mall and market shuttles that take students to nearby grocery stores and a local shopping mall
- Special holiday Express Bus Home service to New York City and other cities
- Access to the world’s leading car-sharing service
- An innovative bicycle-sharing program that lets riders rent bikes for short trips around campus