The University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine Orthodontics Program accepts application materials through the American Dental Education Association, Postgraduate Application Support Service (PASS). This service enables applicants to send an original copy of most application materials to PASS for distribution to all the programs that the applicant selects. PASS must receive application materials by September 1, 2015 for Fall 2016 admission. Information and application materials for PASS can be obtained from:
ADEA PASS 1625 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Suite 600 Washington, DC 20036-2212 800.353.2237 or 202.667.1887 Fax: 202.667.4983
SUNY @ Buffalo Orthodontics Department does NOT participate in Match.
2. $50.00 non-refundable application fee paid on
3. Three Letters of Evaluation (Institutional/Faculty Evaluations) to ADEA PASS (do not send directly to the school) One letter must come from the dean of the dental school from which the applicant graduated. The other two letters may be from academic faculty.
4. Official DDS transcripts or foreign equivalent to ADEA PASS (do not send directly to the school)
GRADUATES of US or CANADIAN DENTAL SCHOOLS (optional for international graduates)
5. NBDE Scores reported in ADEA PASS Application (Official score report NOT required; do not send directly to the school): Part I score is required; Part II score is required prior to start of program
6. GRE Score reported in ADEA PASS Application (Official score report NOT required; do not send directly to the school)
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS (in addition to the requirements listed above):
7. TOEFL Score reported in ADEA PASS Application (Official score report NOT required; do not send directly to the school). Score must be at or above minimum of 550 (written) / 213 (computer based) / 79 (internet based) or better obtained within eighteen months of the application deadline.
If you have questions regarding the application process please contact:
Ms. Kristin Yager
Advanced Education Admissions Coordinator
School of Dental Medicine
University at Buffalo
315 Squire Hall
Buffalo, NY 14214-8006
Telephone: (716) 829-2839