Our dental office offers CEREC technology, which enables us to place crowns, inlays and onlays in just one visit.
Using solid blocks of ceramic material, a computer and CEREC CAD-CAM technology, your perfectly fitted dental crown, inlay or onlay is made right in our office. With CEREC technology, we can restore decayed teeth, design and place ceramic crowns, replace amalgam (silver) fillings, and design and place inlays, onlays and dental veneers in one appointment.
The advantages of CEREC include:
- Restorations are made in one visit, saving considerable time and the inconvenience of multiple visits.
- No need for a temporary crown or restoration.
- Restorations that are metal-free and natural-looking.
- Restorations that are made of ceramic and more durable than white composite fillings.
How it works:
- A special camera takes a digital impression of a prepared tooth for the dental restoration.
- The image is displayed on a computer where CAD (Computer-Assisted Design) technology is used to design the restoration.
- An in-house milling machine using CAM (Computer-Assisted Manufacture) technology mills your restoration out of a ceramic block.
- The restoration is placed and your treatment is complete.
Our patients absolutely love the convenience and beauty of these dental restorations. Best yet, there are no impressions, no temporaries, no second appointment and they are all metal free! The final result is a beautiful, healthy, strong and natural-looking restoration.
Learn more about CEREC. View the video.