355 Squire, ECMC
Buffalo, NY 14214
- 1981 - B.A., Canisius College
- 1985 - D.D.S., SUNYAB, School of Dental Medicine
- 1985-86 - General Practice Resident, Erie County Medical
- 1985 - Present - Attending Staff, Erie County Medical
- 1986 - Present - Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of
Oral Diagnostic Sciences, School of Dental Medicine
- 1986-Present - Private Practice, General Dentistry
- 1989-Present - Dental Officer (Lieutenant Colonel) New York Air
- 2008-Present - Fellow in the American Academy of Forensic
- 2010 - DMORT Region 2 Employee of the year
- 2012 - Section Program Chair: American Academy of Forensic
Majority of time spent in the private practice of dentistry.
Trained in hospital dentistry and treatment of developmentally
disabled adults in a clinical setting and in the operating room.
Also trained in areas of forensic dentistry as it relates to
identification and mass casualties through the Armed Forces
Institute of Pathology and the A.D.A. (member of American Society
of Forensic Odontologists).
- Bush MA, Miller RG. The Crash of Colgan Air Flight 3407:
Advanced Techniques in Victim Identification. JADA 2011; 142(12):
- Bush MA, Thorsrud K, Miller RG, Dorion RBJ, Bush PJ. The
Response of Skin to Applied Stress: Investigation of Bitemark
Distortion in a Cadaver Model. J Forensic Sci
- Bush MA, Miller RG, Bush PJ, Dorion RBJ. Biomechanical Factors
in Human Dermal Bitemarks in a Cadaver Model. J Forensic Sci. 2009;
- Bush MA, Miller RG, Norrlander A, Bush PJ. Analytical Survey of
Restorative Resins by SEM/EDS and XRF: Databases for Forensic
Purposes. J Forensic Sci. 2008; 53(2): 419-425.
- Hermanson AS, Bush MA, Miller RG, Bush PJ. Ultraviolet
Illumination as an Adjunctive Aid in Dental Inspection J Forensic
Sci. 2008;53(2) 408-411.
- Bush MA, Miller RG, Fagin H, Bush PJ. The Role of Dental
Materials in Situations Involving High Temperatures: A Review
Article in Forensic Odontology. Minerva Medicolegale. 2007; 127(2)
- Bush MA, Miller RG, Prutzman-Pfieffer JA, Bush PJ.
Identification Through XRF Analysis of Dental Restorative Resin
Materials: A Comprehensive Study Of Non-Cremated, Cremated, and
Processed Cremated Individuals. J Forensic Sci. 2007; 52(1)
- Bush MA, Miller RG, Bush PJ. Detection and Classification of
Composite Resins in Incinerated Teeth for Forensic Purposes. J
Forensic Sci. 2006; 51(3) 636-642.
for Publications in MEDLINE]
NOTE: The School Dental Medicine is not responsible for the
content of individual faculty / staff pages. All updates are made
by individual faculty/staff members.