- The University at Buffalo offers a preparatory course in
restorative dentistry for international dentists. This course is
optimal for those who may need better preparation in fixed and
removable prosthodontics, operative dentistry, and treatment
planning for the testing required by most U.S. dental schools as
part of their admissions process.
- The course features didactic and hands-on sessions under the
guidance of School of Dental Medicine Faculty. Participants will be
trained in the state-of-the-art Virtual Reality Simulation
Laboratory at the State University of New York at Buffalo, School
of Dental Medicine.
- Anterior Tooth Preparation for
- All ceramic and
- Metal ceramic crown
- Posterior tooth preparation for metal crown
- Fabrication of a temporary restoration
Posterior tooth preparation for:
- Class II amalgam restoration
- Class II composite restoration
Restorations of amalgam and composite preparations using various
forms of matrix bands with emphasis on the use of sectional
- Introduction to the use of surveyor
- Classification of RPD
- Designing removable partial denture
Treatment planning with the emphasis on various dental
Management of typodont in the simulation clinic with SDM
infection control guidelines.
This course is not a prerequisite nor does it guarantee
admission to any dental school.
University at Buffalo
Office of Continuing Education
Phone: (716) 829-2320
Fax: (716) 829-2484