DDS program at the School of Dental Medicine provides students
with the basic science training, clinical expertise, and analytical
skills necessary to attain the highest level of proficiency as a
- Our graduates practice across the country, in many different
settings, in all areas of dental medicine-as general practitioners
and specialists in private practice, as dental researchers,
health-care administrators, teachers in dental schools, and
managers in the private sector.
- Beginning with the Basic Sciences
- Although dental medicine is concerned with the oral cavity and
its associated structures, students need to understand all human
organ systems and associated disease processes since diseases of
one system often produce concomitant disturbances in other systems
and regions of the body.
- The strong basic science training stressed in the first three
years of the program provides the foundation for future
- Our students graduate understanding and practicing dental
medicine, well prepared to critically review and analyze dental
literature in order to keep their knowledge and skills current
throughout their professional careers.