As you apply to the UB School of Dental Medicine, we are here to help guide you through the process and answer any questions.
2019-2020 ADEA AADSAS application opens for applicants May 14, 2019.
Applicants and reapplicants, make the choice to submit early—June 4, 2019 is the first date to submit an ADEA AADSAS application.
If all official transcripts are received, ADEA AADSAS will start the application verification process.
We have a rolling admissions process. This means the earlier we receive your completed, verified application, the earlier our committee conducts a full file review of your application and you can be considered for an interview. Waiting until the January 27 deadline is a poor strategy that results in an applicant competing for far fewer positions in the entering class.
The 2020 DDS application deadline is January 27, 2020.
Prospective students can begin by reviewing the admission statistics and requirements, learning more about the application process from ADEA, and talking to their pre-health advisor.
Please note that the DDS program requires four years of full-time study; there is no provision for part-time study. The DDS program does not accept transfer students from other dental schools.
Application to the School of Dental Medicine is made through the American Association of Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS). The completed application submitted to AADSAS will automatically be forwarded to all participating dental schools designated by the applicant. AADSAS formats demographic information and calculates grade point averages in a standardized fashion, but plays no part in the selection process.
Following submission of the application to AADSAS and verification of its accuracy, all contact concerning the application should be made directly with the UB School of Dental Medicine.
There is no secondary or supplemental application in addition to AADSAS. However, there is a Supplemental Application Fee, explained below.
There is a $85 USD supplemental application fee required to apply to the University at Buffalo DDS Program. This application fee:
Supplemental application fee waivers are available to students who demonstrate unusual financial need. There are two ways to request the $85 application fee waiver:
2. Provide sufficient documentation of your participation as an undergraduate student in an EOP, HEOP or SEEK program, or as an undergraduate participant in the CSTEP, MARC, PREP, RISE, LSAMP or McNair Scholar programs on any campus, or as an applicant through Project 1000. Please submit a copy of partipation via e-mail to email@example.com
Our admissions committee will send you an e-mail notification once your application is complete. You are welcome to e-mail the admissions office with any questions.
AADSAS verification is the process by which AADSAS verifies your dental school transcripts and calculates your GPA. Our admissions committee uses AADSAS verified transcripts and grades when reviewing your application. Please note that our school does not verify AADSAS applications. You will be able to see in your AADSAS portal if your AADSAS application has been verified.
Following initial review of applications, selected applicants are invited to visit the school to meet with faculty and students, and to acquaint themselves with the facilities of the School of Dental Medicine and the university. An integral part of the admissions process, the visit to the School of Dental Medicine also provides an opportunity for members of the Student Admissions Committee to become acquainted with applicants. Applicants are invited to interview at the school between mid-September and February each academic year.
Following the visit to the school, the applicant’s application is presented to the Student Admissions Committee. After a complete review, an admission decision is reached by a vote of the entire committee, and applicants are informed by mail of the committee's decision beginning December 2.
• The AADSAS application (including official DAT scores taken within a valid timeline) has been made available to the UB School of Dental Medicine through AADSAS
• Transcript verification has been completed by AADSAS (if you’ve completed your application but your transcripts haven’t been verified by January 27, 2020, you can still be considered; however, our committee will not give your application a full file review until you have been verified in the AADSAS portal)
• Letters of evaluation from either a preprofessional committee (preferred) or three required individual faculty letters of evaluation have been made available to the UB School of Dental Medicine through AADSAS
• The Supplemental Application Fee is paid (or waiver approved)
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
School of Dental Medicine
315 Squire Hall
University at Buffalo
Buffalo, NY 14214