BUFFALO, N.Y. — The University at Buffalo Center for Industrial Effectiveness (TCIE) is offering an early-bird discount of $200 until Dec. 21 for its Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Transactional (CLSSGBT) training.
The 54-hour course is part of TCIE’s spring lineup of business improvement courses for professionals, which feature topics in continuous improvement, manufacturing operations and management operations. Registration is on a first-serve basis, with the deadline being one week before the respective start date. Courses are as follows:
- Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) — This 76-hour training, which is a blend of online learning supported by instructor-led assessment preparation, provides core knowledge and skills required in supply chain operations, from entry level through supervisor. Classroom dates are 8:30-10:30 a.m. on Jan. 20, Feb. 10 and March 10 at UB’s Educational Opportunity Center, 555 Ellicott St., Buffalo.
- CLSSGBT – This course – which is a blend of online education, classroom-based instruction and learning remotely through webinars, all from a Master Black Belt – enhances candidates’ problem-solving abilities and engages them in the data-driven, Lean Six Sigma industry-tested system for process variation reduction. While applicable across all disciplines, it was developed with service industry businesses in mind and incorporates finance, government and health care examples. The schedule is as follows: Classroom dates at the Hyatt Place, 5020 Main St., Amherst. 8 a.m. to noon on Jan. 24, Feb. 28 and March 28. Two-hour webinars: 1-3 p.m. on Feb. 7 and March 14. Three-hour webinars: 1-4 p.m. on April 18, May 16, June 6 and June 27.
- Certified Lean Professional — 6-9 p.m. on Thursdays, Jan. 26 to April 6 (except Feb. 23 and March 2), and March 1, May 11 and 18, and June 15 at UB’s Baird Research Park, 1576 Sweet Home Rd., Amherst. This course educates participants in the Lean method of saving money and reducing waste by identifying unnecessary processes.
- MinitabTM Software — 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on Feb. 1 at Hyatt Place. This training navigates participants through the statistical tools of Minitab software so that they may comfortably manipulate data and solve problems.
- Kaizen and VSM — 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on Feb. 7 at Hyatt Place. This course explores two Lean tools: Kaizen, an activity aimed at streamlining a select process, and value stream mapping, an analysis tool used to improve the flow of information or materials.
- Lean Product Design – 8 a.m.-noon on Feb. 15 at Hyatt Place. This workshop engages participants in a hands-on simulation to discover how applying the Lean methodology to product design decreases cycle time.
- Intro to Document Control — 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on March 21 at Hyatt Place. This course explores characteristics of effective instructional documentation (such as procedures, work instructions and standard operating procedures) and the process of document control.
- Finance for Non-Financial Managers — 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on March 22 at Hyatt Place. This course is for the manager or engineer who does not possess a significant financial background, but would benefit from a working knowledge of financial statements and related concepts, including commonly used financial terminology and performance measures.
- Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action — 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on April 3 at Hyatt Place. This course is designed to improve problem-solving skills by providing an understanding of the processes and techniques for determining the root cause of a nonconformance and the corrective action needed to prevent the problem from occurring again.
- 5S and Standardized Work — 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on April 25 at Hyatt Place. This course explores two Lean tools: 5S, a technique for organizing one’s physical environment, and Standardized Work, a technique for organizing process steps.
- ISO 9001:2015 Transition Training — 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on April 27 at Hyatt Place. This training is for anyone who is already familiar with the ISO 9001:2008 Standard and is involved in transitioning their company to ISO 9001:2015.
- 3-Day ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor Training — 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on May 2-4 at Hyatt Place. This training prepares participants with the skills necessary to perform internal process audits in manufacturing, service and public service sectors.
- Strategic Supply Chain Management — 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on May 8-9 at Hyatt Place. This workshop focuses on global best practices in supply chain integration, as well as how to organize and implement improvement efforts.
Course details and registration are available at http://www.tcie.buffalo.edu/what-we-do/professional-development/. For more information, contact Mariah Glass, UB TCIE training program coordinator, at 716-645-8840 or email@example.com.
UB TCIE is Western New York's bridge to excellence; it provides a dynamic link between UB’s expert resources and the region’s business community. Its core focus on engineering solutions and operational excellence drives continual improvements, and ignites innovation and technological advantages. For more information on how TCIE can assist Western New York businesses, visit www.tcie.buffalo.edu or call 716-645-8800.