APPLICATION DEADLINE: 1 February
If you have questions about the application process, please contact:
Ms. Kristin Yager, Advanced Education Admissions Coordinator
To apply for the Oral Biology PhD program please submit all documents listed below on-line in GRADMIT. Your application will not be complete until these items have been received and you have submitted your application for formal review.
1. On-line Application
- Please Note: Non-immigrants must complete the International On-line Application; check the box for "International Applicant" after selecting degree program on the Interactive Graduate Application Site (GRADMIT)
- Please complete all questions on the application completely and accurately.
2. $50.00 non-refundable application fee paid on UBePay
- Once you have submitted your online application for formal review, you will be able to pay the application fee by credit/debit card only. Your application cannot be reviewed until the fee has been paid. Please note that the $50 application fee is non-refundable.
3. CV / Resume
4. Two letters of recommendation and a Dean's letter (if graduated from a US or Canadian dental school), otherwise three letters of recommendation.Recommendation letters must be uploaded electronically:
5. Unofficial transcripts from EVERY college/university attended
If you are accepted into the program you will be asked to submit original transcripts with proper signatures, seals or stamps. Academic documents that are not in English must be accompanied by an exact, certified translation.International applicants please include copy of certificate with proof of degree.
6. Unofficial GRE (General Test) Score Report
International Applicants (in addition to the requirements listed above):
7. Unofficial TOEFL Score Report at or above minimum of 550 (written) / 213 (computer based) / 79 (internet based) or better obtained within eighteen months of the application deadline.
- If you are accepted into the program you will be asked to submit original TOEFL score reports.
8. UB Financial Form/Bank Documents
- No certificate of eligibility will be issued without satisfactory financial documentation. Financial documentation is required for visa issuance only-documentation may be submitted after acceptance but I-20 documentation cannot be issued without it.
9. Photocopy of passport biographical page
10. Photocopy of your current I-20 AND the F-1 visa stamp in your passport if you are currently an F-1 student
* All documents become property of the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine and are not returnable to the applicant.